What is the National Invention Convention?
The National Invention Convention is a five-day programme that provides participants with practical experience in the development of ideas. This year we will be exploring Assistive Technologies – clever devices to help you or others do things easier/faster/better. Selected students will be brought to Canberra from across Australia to:
- Meet other students from across Australia
- Learn about Innovation and Assistive Technologies
- Build a prototype of their own idea using a variety of technologies with expert support
- Gain experience and get expert advice on presenting their ideas
- Get dressed up and for the gala event and network with other innovators
This is an all-expenses paid event. All travel, accommodation and meals will be organised by Questacon for successful applicants.
Who is eligible?
If you are a student aged 14-18 in January 2016 and attend an Australian secondary school, you are eligible to apply for the National Invention Convention.